UK Datacentre - Centro
Our primary hosting facility is Centro, built with highly energy efficient design principles in mind, with enclosed hot-aisle containment, economic chilled-water cooling, and powered by electricity generated entirely from renewable sources.
Centro was designed with industry-leading physical security in mind from the start, with iris scanners, 3m security fences, blast proofed windows, computer controlled motion detection, and much more, to ensure that the computer systems and data within are completely secure.
Continuous operation is assured with diverse utility power supplies, UPS secured power, climate control and diesel backup generators featuring live fuel replenishment and critical services fuel supply contracts.
Fibre enters the building through dedicated North and South private ducts into communications rooms on opposite ends of the building, and the 70gbps fully BGP network is routed by state-of-the-art Juniper MX routers.
VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) and FM200 fire suppression is installed throughout, and the building is manned by 24x7 on-site security.
Centro Key Features
- Dual dedicated 11,000V (HV) connections via diverse feeders in private ducts and with private HV substation, with 100% renewable energy power supply.
- 2N diesel stand-by generators with continuous fuel arrangement
- 2N diverse UPS systems
- N+2 high efficiency packaged chillers with 2N inverter driven high efficiency chilled water pump sets
- Additional 'Free Cooling' chillers to utilise outside air to cool the datacentre whenever possible
- High efficiency evaporative chiller infrastructure
- Hot-aisle containment with direct air return
- Power usage Effectiveness (PuE) of 1.5 and rapidly falling
- Dual fibre entry through dedicated private ducts and 70gbps network capacity
- VESA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) and FM200 fire suppression systems
- State-of-the-Art Security - iris scanners, 3m perimeter fence with rota spikes, anti-ram raid barriers, blast proof windows, steel security doors, computer controlled motion detection & flood-lighting and much more.
- 24x7 On-Site Human Security Presence
- Awarded the flagship 'Secured by Design' award by the UK Police.
Centro Datacentre Photo Tour
Biometric Man-Trap. Iris scanner allows access only to those who have been authorised, one person at a time, preventing any 'tailgating' by unauthorised people.
Secure Lobby. All lighting throughout the facility is motion activated to save energy.
Access Control System on Internal Doors
Hosting Suite 1
Racks featuring Hot Aisle Containment. Hot air from the servers is contained and pumped out of the room, meaning no extra energy is wasted by chilling hot air unnecessarily.
Suite 1 Plant Room showing DFUs, FM200 fire suppression bottles and distribution boards.
High efficiency packaged chillers, secure perimeter fence seen behind.